A forum post from a user named “James Woods” over at Latino Review supposedly has a source who was recently fired from the art department of Zack Snyder’s Batman-Superman film after production delay last week. He is claiming to have major plot points to the film which are labeled below. Of course, this should be taken with the smallest grain of salt possible as the delay may alter script changes to the film, cutting out what are believed to be the plot details. As of right now, this is a complete rumor and possible spoilers may follow below. Enter with caution.
- The villains are Lex Luthor and Metallo
- Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
- Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
- Wonder Woman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
- Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
- Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
- The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
- Lois is investigating Lex.
- Metallo “kills” Clark
- The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
- At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team
This is a lot to take in, but it all seems a likely progression from Man of Steel. The idea of Batman trying to stop Superman from destroying another city wasn’t unexpected, but instead feels like a cop-out from David S. Goyer and Snyder to right their mistakes with the first film. That is until I read Aquaman’s involvement and it clicked. I love the idea of these superhumans coming together because of one man’s doing. Man of Steel was a learning experience; not for Snyder or Goyer, but Clark Kent. The fight between him and Zod could have possibly been dealt with with a more though-provoking tactic, but it wasn’t, because it was Superman before he was Superman. That’s what I love about Man of Steel and for those who can’t get past it, I don’t know what to tell you.
Skepticism has filled me from the start of production with this sequel, but if the plot points above are true, I couldn’t be more on board or excited. It doesn’t sound like they’re trying to get one character after another out of the way, but instead fleshing out a story about Superman’s mistake. The Wonder Woman plot sounds interesting, and having another villain other than Lex Luthor finally happening is beyond belief. This is going to be a full film of what the first half of The Avengers was, but hopefully better. This is the kind of rumor I hope to be true, but we will have to wait and see.
What do you guys think about this? Do you like the ideas labeled above? Do you think they sound clustered and like DC doesn’t know what they’re doing? Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.